Saturday, June 24, 2017

How to Die on a Faraway Planet

Coming this November!

I am going to have a poem published in Asimov's Science Fiction Magazine! I also am fortunate enough to have been selected for a spotlight on their webpage for that time.

The poem is called "How to Die on a Faraway Planet," which I wrote in a fever while watching Battlestar Galactica.

The process has been interesting too, for someone who has not been published in a magazine before. I got to proofread and approve "galleys", and am currently working on a very brief biography and a photo to go on their website. I will post a link when it is up!

Stay tuned.

In other writerly news, my life is kicking my butt right now. Two jobs and two kids leave very little time for me to just sit and write, or edit, or even read. Most of my creativity is channeled into not losing my sh*t over quotidian annoyances. My respect for my own mother, and mothers everywhere increases on daily basis.

My novel is still awaiting publication; there are one or two publishers I am waiting to hear back from before I send my manuscript out again on a second round. The very first publisher I tried accepted--on the condition that I buy 1,000 copies up front. Who the ___ do he think I is? Mr. Monopoly?

No, no. I am seeking a more traditional route for my admittedly un-traditional work. I believe that publisher is out there. I know he/she/they/it is/are. All I must do is persevere.

...and maybe write a bit every now and then...

No comments:

Post a Comment